Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

MATHS Week Two


I walked around the community for an hour and a 45 minutes (2.1 km one way). My legs got so tired. I did 2 things so I made two graphs. The hardest part was counting two things at the same time.

It was SO fun making the graphs!!!
I really liked it because the bar graph was popping up automatically while I waited.



* The total number of letterboxes: 152
* The most popular colour: white
* The least popular colour: orange

My letterbox colour is WHITE!!!
I wish it was rainbow coloured.




* The total number of cars: 164
* The most popular colour: white
* The least popular colour: yellow

I would buy one of each colour because it is hard to decide.



I have changed my column colours after I watched Mrs Roach´s video.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Vincent,

    You have done such and amazing job. I would have been confused doing two graphs at the same time. You did very well.
    Your graphs are very clear to understand, and I like that you have stated your findings. I'd like a rainbow letter box too.
    What other things could you tally and graph in the community?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vincent,
    Great graphing. If I had a letterbox shop I now know what people's favourite colours are. I have put a another video up on the Maths page called Changing colours that shows how to change each bar. Would you test it out for me please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vincent
    Wow you are an expert at bar graphs.
    What a great blog post. Great explanation and examples.
    I loved that you extended your learning and made changes to your graph by watching a video.
    I would love to see a rainbow coloured letterbox option. Do you think you would like to buy a rainbow car?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vincent,
    I agree with Mrs Simanu. Great work making your graph even better for people to read and analyse.
    Mrs Roach

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post