Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2021

Playing With Birds

Today I went to Willowbank Wildlife Reserve and looked at all the animals but there were 2 moments that I REALLY want to tell you guys.

1st. I went to the Kea enclosure and had fun playing with the wonderful but cheeky birds. they were absolutely amazing but this is even better... they jumped and landed on me. But there was one bird that was naughty and one that was nice. The naughty one was very naughty because it was biting my mums fingers. The good one though was the opposite it didn't bite but it chewed on my bag and left a small hole.

2nd. I was entering the big bird territory. I was going to feed an EMU!!! I was scared at first but I bravely put food in my hand and gave it to the giant and it was  approaching me making a sound from its tummy or throat just like a drum then next second it started eating off my hand. Then got a wee bit carried away and started to try and eat my hand.

These were both time that i will never forget. So next time you go to willow bank get some bird food and feed the Emu and try and entertain the cheeky Kea.

Here are some pictures.













1 comment:

  1. that's very cool Vincent I might ask my parents to go to willow bank in the holidays

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post